The Village of Franklin Park is seeking an experienced full-time Mechanic to work in the Fleet Maintenance Division of the Utilities Department. This division is responsible for the maintenance of the Village’s fleet of cars, trucks, and heavy equipment. Which includes vehicles for our First Responders police squad cars, fire trucks and ambulances. Experience with maintenance and repair of autos and trucks, including diesel trucks. Must have own tools.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- ASE certifications a plus.
- Must be able to obtain a CDL-A Interstate Drivers License (with air-break endorsement) within the first year of hire.
- Must be able to attain an IDOT Medical card within the first year of hire. Must be able to maintain the licensure and medical card while employed with the Village.
- Applicant must be capable of performing manual tasks requiring primarily physical strength and coordination.
- Be ready to answer call to duty on a 24 hour basis.
- The successful candidate must reside in or re-locate to the corporate town or within Leyden Township within one (1) year of the date of hire.
An application is available on the website, www.vofp.com. Please send, fax, or email the application and a resume to:
Director, Human Resources
9500 W. Belmont Ave.
Franklin Park, IL 60131.
Fax: (847) 671-0221.
Applications accepted until position is filled. The Village of Franklin Park is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted February 10, 2021